Research Creation Resources
Studios and labs (CANADA)
online journals (INTERNATIONAL)
- Art & Research: A Journal of Ideas, Contexts and Methods
- Journal for Artistic Research
- MaHKUscript: Journal of Fine Art Research
- INFLeXions: A Journal for Research-Creation
- PARSE (Platform for Artistic Research Sweden) Journal
databases and bibliographies
- Arts-Based Research Bibliography (University of Alberta)
- Research Catalogue: An International Database for Artistic Research (Society for Artistic Research)
- The SHARE Network (Step-change for Higher Arts Research and Education)
- Tactile Academia Bibliography
- University of Brighton: Practice-Led Research Tools
A SHORT SELECTION OF TEXTS we have read/discussed/debated:
- The 2007 Formative Evaluation of SSHRC’s Research/Creation in the Fine Arts Program
- Ken Friedman, Writing for the PhD in Art and Design. Issues forResearch Supervisors and Research Students.
- Piccini, A. & Kershaw, B. (2004). Practice as research in performance: From epistemology to evaluation. Digital Creativity, 15(2), 86-92.
- Sullivan, G. (2006). Research acts in art practice. Studies in Art Education, 48(1), 19-35.
- Chapman, Owen and Kim Sawchuk, "Research-Creation: Intervention, Analysis, and Family Resemblances," Canadian Journal of CommunicationVol 37 (2012) 5-26. [And the entire guest edited issue: MAR (Media Arts Revisited) in which the essay is published.]
- The 2008 SSHRC Review and Conceptualization of Impacts of Research/Creation in the Fine Arts